5 Delicious Food Trends in 2015
With spring here, we can't think of a better way to celebrate than with food. Maybe for your next event, you can try pairing classy cocktails with hors d'oeuvres. Or how about refreshing iced teas infused with fruit?
Getting hungry? So are we! Here are five delicious food trends to help inspire your menu for the perfect spring party.
1. Mini cocktail and hors d'oeuvre pairings: Find flavors that pair well together and serve in individual miniature glasses. Guests will enjoy your creative twist on food and beverages that complement one another. Try Mexican-themed Wonton Wrappers and mini patron margaritas!
2. Street food inspired appetizers: Street vendors throughout the world can offer authentic dishes that can be prepared in minutes. Many chefs are adding street food inspired dishes to their event menus so guests can enjoy the same genuine flavors without traveling far. Pick your cuisine and give it an elegant flair. Try incorporating tempura, taquitos, BBQ or kabobs.
3. Specialty iced teas: Tea made the list of trendiest beverages in the National Restaurant Association’s What’s Hot 2015 Culinary Forecast. Incorporate naturally fruity and floral flavors to create your own signature cocktails or non-alcoholic beverages! Try fresh strawberry hibiscus-tea lemonade, a green tea martini, or fresh peaches and iced black tea.
4. House-made/artisan ice cream: Not only are the ingredients fresh, the taste is just so much better! Consider the season and get creative with your menu flavors. Try peach-and-toasted pecan, key lime pie, banana coconut , peach cinnamon or orange and sage.
5. It's all about ramen: Ramen noodles are small on price, big on taste and quick to make! From hot soup bowls to cold sesame noodles, try impressing your guests with a make-your-own ramen bar where they can select hot or cold, and their own proteins and toppings.
Follow the @VenueBook account on Twitter and tweet your inspirational menu ideas with the #VBFoodTrends hash tag and you could be featured in an upcoming newsletter.
Happy party planning!
Topics: Food and Beverage